Everything that we use comes with both advantages and disadvantages, if the positives are more, we prefer using the item else we don’t. While choosing the silk robes, we must consider the following positives, which make the selection process easier:
- It is lightweight, smooth and very soft to touch.
- The draping is phenomenal and accurately describes the contours of the body for the muscularly built.
- The dyeing and printing process works flawlessly on them
- These are very colourful and bright, and look wonderful when worn in sunshine.
- It is naturally resistant to soil; mildew, moths and they are easy to clean.
- Extremely comfortable when worn, feels like nothing is draped.
- These are absorbent; hence the colour stays on them in their optimum shade.
When these things are kept in mind while someone goes on to buy silk robes for men, they are bound to get the best product for themselves. The silk robes are normally anti-wrinkle and are very hard to crush, hence there is no need to iron them, as they might crumple to the heat and will get shrunk. The breathability of Silk robes is what makes them the ideal material to be worn on any season and not just summers. Silk is proven to be gentle to the skin and doesn’t cause any sort of skin irritation, being lightweight it also dries up quickly.
The disadvantages are also there to be taken into account, hence before going onto buy one, we must look out for these:
- They are expensive, first things first, they are not easy to own and can prove to be costlier than normal cotton and other fabrics used for clothing.
- Water stains are very common and need to be handled with care in order preserve it for a longer period of time.
- It ages pretty fast and yellowing of the fabric is a very common phenomenon.
- Use of soap, direct contact with sunlight and sweat causes this material to weaken.
- Dry cleaning is the solution to maintain the shine and possess it for a longer period of time.
- The colour fades away pretty fast when it comes under direct sunlight, hence it is better to wear indoors or at night.
- Sweat gets clogged in them leaving white marks, looks very bad.
Like the advantages, these disadvantages are also a part of one’s own silk robes or any silk items for that matter. If the maintenance is strong enough, then there isn’t any reason to not buy these items.